When you are feeling stressed and tense, it takes a toll on both your mind and body. A massage brings balance and harmony back to the mind and body by allowing the tension and stress to melt away. Massages encourage deep feelings of tranquility and comfort, leaving you feeling deeply relaxed and rejuvenated.
What Is Massage?
Massage is a general term describing using your hands, feet, or a tool to press, rub, or manipulate skin, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Massage can be in a variety of pressures, from light stroking to deep tissue massages. You can get a casual massage from a partner or a friend. However, a professional massage by a massage therapist is often better for targeting specific health issues or resolving pain.
Benefits of Massage
We all know that massages feel good. But, did you know that massage has health benefits?
Generally, massage can help even health people feel better
- Relax muscles
- Reduce pain
- Reduce muscle tension and soreness
- Improve circulation
- Improve energy
- Reduce stress
- Improve immune function
- Lower heart rate and blood pressure
In fact, massage may be an effective adjuvant treatment for medical conditions such as
- Digestive disorders
- Lower back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain
Types of Massage
Cryolete offers different types of massages to cater to your different needs. They include:
- Deep Tissue Massage– Targets deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue by using slower, more forceful strokes.
- Reflexology Massage– Uses pressure points on feet and hands to treat pain or tension in other parts of the body.
- Swedish Massage– Uses a variety of techniques to increase relaxation, energize you, and provide a general overall massage. You can have it at different pressures, but it is usually faster and not as deep as deep tissue.
- Thai Massage– Combines acupressure and stretching with massage to target muscle stiffness.
- Prenatal Massage– This type of massage is modified for expectant mothers to provide the benefits of massage and target areas, such as the lower back, which may be under increased stress due to the pregnancy.